The Heathcote School Learning Resource Centre
The LRC Manager is Mrs K. Benoy
As a Chartered Librarian, Mrs Benoy is able to help with both research queries and advice about reading.
Monday-Thursday 8.30am - 4.15pm
Friday 8.30am - 3.45pm
There are over 2,500 fiction books and 7,500 non-fiction books. The reading age of the book stock ranges from age 8+ up to 6th Form level.
We subscribe to a range of popular magazines, such as Computer Active and Top Gear, as well as titles specifically requested by departments, such as New Internationalist for Geography and Media Magazine.
The Connexions Resource Centre includes both careers and advice resources for years 10,11 & 13 students.
There are 16 computers available for use, with A4 Black and Colour printing and A3 colour printing.
There are no complicated rules, just common sense.
- Please treat the LRC, staff and other users with respect.
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum please.
- Use the LRC purposefully.
- Always return items on time, as other people may want to borrow them.
- Tidy up after yourself before you leave.
The LRC is generally open after school (see Opening Hours above) and all resources, including computers are available for use.